Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Friday, October 11, 2013

Inflectional endings-- A quick center for you!

Happy Friday everyone! I actually had a sick day today (again!) since my lovely child who had Scarlet Fever passed on the love to me! I was in shock because I think this is the 2nd year in a row I have gotten strep throat during the school year! WTHeck? I thought as an adult I was immune to to that. Guess not...

So, this week we wrapped up our spiders week and the kids had such a blast learning about spiders! I wish I had pictures for you but being sick for a few days will do that to you! They loved my 


I will be putting that little one up on TPT. I just haven't had the energy to create anything but at least I can offer it to you there! 

This week we also worked on inflectional endings as this is one of our common core standards. How many times have you heard your kids say "I walkted to school today?" I know that it is a developmental thing but I always respond, "Oh, you WALKED to school today?" At this age almost anything they say is cute! We also talked about how these endings reflect the time at which events occurred. To help my kiddos with this, I created a quick little center:

Click on the pic to grab this exclusive blog freebie!! 

Gotta show love for my GATORS!!! 




It's okay that they roll the words again and again (or you could limit the times they roll it-- you make up the rules!)-- it was more the habit of them practicing reading and writing them (by writing I mean, they just add the inflectional ending). 

This coming week we will be doing BATS!! It is perhaps one of my favourite subjects that I just go overboard in teaching! A few years ago, I stumbled upon this video about echolocation from Jumpstart on youtube:


You and your kiddos will be singing and bopping along to this song! My kids always ask to watch it over and over again. I also have them explain how echolocation works:

Click on the pic to download it! 

I have a few more centers to share with you as I start to feel better! Hope you all have a great weekend! if you download these freebies, please leave some love below! I love to read comments! :-)

Love to you all! 








6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebies AND the inspiration. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! We started bats this week and this video will be perfect to show next week!
    emma

    Go 'Noles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are working on this and I needed this so much. You are so sweet for offering it for free.
    Tammy
    primaryparadise@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much! i'm so excited to use this with my class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Thanks for the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooo much!! First time teaching inflectional endings and this idea is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete